Stating the position
- We are in a very difficult situation.
- We have reached the point where we have no other option than to …
- This is beyond our control.
- We are stuck with this situation.
Initiating a negotiation
- Could you make do with …?
- What would you say to doing …?
- Would you consider …?
Showing a willingness to negotiate
- Let’s try to find a way round this.
- That’s not out of the question.
- I’d be willing to …
Being unwilling to negotiate
- I have to say no to …
- That’s out of the question.
- I’m afraid it is just not possible.
- I refuse to budge on this.
- I have to stay firm on this.
- We can’t possibly …
Agreeing on a solution
- Are we all agreed?
- I’ll go along with …
- That sounds feasible.