- Dear Sir/ Madam,Dear Sir or Madam,
- To whom it may concern: (especially AmE)
- Dear Mr/ Ms Jones,
- Dear Dr Smith,
REASON FOR WRITING / REPLYING
- I am writing to make a reservation/ to apply for the position of…/ to confirm my booking/ to ask for further information about …
- I am writing with regard to the sale of …/ to the complaint you made on 29th February
- Thank you for your e-mail of 29th February regarding the sale of… / concerning the conference in Brussels.
- With reference to our telephone conversation on Friday, I would like to let you know that…
- I am writing in order to…
MAKING A REQUEST / ASKING FOR INFORMATION
- Could you please let me know if you can attend … / if you are available for a meeting on 12th December?
- I would appreciate it if you could please send me a brochure/ if you could please reply1 within two days.
- Could you possibly arrange a meeting with the Logistics Manager?
- I would also like to know if there are any swimming pools in your area.
- Please let me know how much the tickets cost.
OFFERING HELP / GIVING INFORMATION
- We are happy to let you know that your article has been selected for publication.
- I am glad to inform you that we will be holding our annual conference in Brussels on 20 September 2014.
- We regret to inform you that the show has been cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
- We are willing to arrange another meeting with the CEO.
- We would be glad to send you another statement if necessary.
- Please do let me know if I can be of further assistance.
- Should you need any further information/assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with… / to complain about…
- I regret to say that I was not completely satisfied with the room you provided us.
- We regret to inform you that your payment is considerably overdue.
- I would like to receive a full refund and compensation for the damages.
- I am interested to hear how your company can compensate us for the distress we suffered.
- We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Please accept our apologies for the delay.
- Please let us know what we can do to compensate you for the damages caused.
- We will make sure that this will not happen again in the future.
I am afraid I will not be able to attend the conference.
- I am attaching my CV for your consideration.
- I am sending you the brochure as an attachment.
- Please see the statement attached.
- Please find attached the file you requested.
- I am afraid I cannot open the file you have sent me. Could you send it again in… format?
- I look forward to hearing from you.
- I look forward to hearing when you are planning to visit our town.
- If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.
- Kind regards,
- Faithfully Yours,
- Sincerely Yours,
- We remain at your disposal should you need any further information.