In America people mix apples and oranges, in England chalk and cheese and in Serbia grandmas and frogs. 🙂
Here are some more examples that might crack you up:
- The English sometimes rock the boat, and the Serbs pick on a bear;
- In the UK it’s raining cats and dogs, and in Serbia pouring as if from a cable;
- In England people bark up the wrong tree, and in Serbia pray in the wrong church or go to the wrong address;
- The English are deaf as a post and good as gold, and the Serbs deaf as a cannon and good as a loaf of bread;
- People in England let the cat out of the bag, and the Serbs simply let it slip out.
To be continued..