- A house divided against itself cannot stand. * Union is strenght. # Dogovor kuću gradi.
- Fools bite one another, but wise men agree together. # Ludi boj biju, a mudri vino piju.
- Claw me, and I claw your elbow. # Ruka ruku mije.
- A man’s home is his castle. # Svoja kućica, svoja slobodica.
- Better be alone than in bad company. # Bolje je biti sam nego u rđavu društvu.
- Two is company, three is crowd. # Dvoje trećeg ne trebaju.
- When poverty comes in at the door, love flies out of the window. * Poverty parts friends. # Kako čovek dođe na prosjački štap, svak ga se kloni.
- A man is known by the company he keeps. # S kim si, takav si.