- I am really looking forward to my holidays. This time next week I will be lying on the beach.
2. Stop writing, please. Time’s up! The exam is over.
3. She’s sure to find a job in the end. It’s only a question of time.
4. I can’t afford a new computer. I’ll have to carry on with this one for the time being.
5. I have never heard of that singer. He must have been before my time.
6. I don’t eat out very often, but I do get a takeaway from time to time.
7. There’s no hurry so take your time.
8. When my mother was young she never had the chance to travel. Now she has retired she wants to make up for lost time and she has booked a round-the-world tour.
9. New York is such a fantastic city! You’re going to have the time of your life there.
10. I waste a lot of time playing solitaire on my computer instead of studying.
11. I had three hours to wait for my flight, so I sat there doing sudoku puzzles to kill time.
12. So you finally got here! It’s about time!